Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting more and more organized

How basement is on the start of being remodeled.  When we moved in, it was a bit of a mess downstairs.  Concrete room, flooding, rusty bathroom, old fashioned stove.  So far we've updated the stove.  A few weeks ago (probably been a month already), we hired an architect.  He measured the basement and drew up a couple floor plans.  We've come to a decision of one we like (mostly) which will include two bedrooms, a larger kitchen and bathroom, and a smaller living room.  Since most of you have never seen our basement, and I've forgotten to add some pictures to the blog for when we first moved in, here are the original pictures of the house:

Top of the stairs:

Storage space at the bottom of the stairs:

Bedroom to the right at the bottom of the stairs:

Back 1/2 of the living room to the left at the bottom of the stairs:

Front 1/2 of the living room where it meets the stairs:

Kitchen:

The original stove/oven that was in the kitchen:

Laundry room:

Bathroom on left side:

Bathroom on the right side:

I've also been slacking on Gremlin's 5mo anniversary pictures because 1. I've been sick with a cold, 2. Gremlin's teething his third tooth and is miserable as can be.  I did take a few pictures yesterday. I just need to photoshop them first before posting them.

It's been rainy off and on for the past few weeks. Yesterday was pretty nice, and again today looks like another sunny day. We shall see, because knowing... any moment can be different from the next. This is Seattle, after all, and rain can unexpectedly happen without warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment